Welcome to Geyser WatchAn Online Field Journal - part of YellowstoneNaturalist.com
Watching water go the other way…
as well as many more not-quite-so-exciting thermal features of Yellowstone.
THE LATEST NEWS:
- Ledge Geyser in Norris Geyser Basin was caught in eruption on 27 Dec 2015 by Yellowstone Tour Guides. Go, Ledge!
- Fan and Mortar Geyser had its last known eruption on 23 Jan 2016.
- Pot o’ Gold on Geyser Hill had a small eruption on 11 Oct 2015 about a foot high for a few seconds. This one hasn’t been reported in eruption in years.
- Giant Geyser has erupted early in the morning on 28 Sept 2015. Learn how to watch for a Giant Geyser Eruption.
- “Improbable” Geyser on Geyser Hill had a major eruption again on 18 August 2015 (if you witness an eruption, take photos and notify rangers) .
If you do witness a rare eruption, I’d also like to hear from you.
News from Yellowstone Naturalist:
- A Good Thumping from Sputter SpringPosted by Janet on February 13, 2016 at 19:47
The post A Good Thumping from Sputter Spring appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]
- This Week in Wonderland: Watch for BearsPosted by Janet on February 8, 2016 at 19:05
The post This Week in Wonderland: Watch for Bears appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]
- Field Journal: 10 Oct 2015 AMPosted by Janet on November 10, 2015 at 14:32
The post Field Journal: 10 Oct 2015 AM appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]