Welcome to Geyser WatchAn Online Field Journal - part of YellowstoneNaturalist.com
Watching water go the other way…
as well as many more not-quite-so-exciting thermal features of Yellowstone.
THE LATEST NEWS:
- Fan and Mortar Geyser erupted in the evening (at 1859) on 7 Oct 2015 – the last eruption was on 28 Aug 2015 at 0932. (updated 7 Oct 2015)
- Echinus Geyser in Norris Geyser Basin has had some eruptions according to electronic monitors (if you witness an eruption, take photos and notify rangers).
- Giant Geyser has erupted early in the morning on 28 Sept 2015. Learn how to watch for a Giant Geyser Eruption.
- “Improbable” Geyser on Geyser Hill had a major eruption again on 18 August 2015 (if you witness an eruption, take photos and notify rangers) .
- Ledge Geyser in Norris Geyser Basin has not been seen since 12 Sept 2015 – about the time Norris Geyser Basin had a disturbance. Perhaps this active cycle is over. (updated 28 Sept 2015)
If you do witness a rare eruption, I’d also like to hear from you.
News from Yellowstone Naturalist:
- How to watch for Giant GeyserPosted by Janet on October 1, 2015 at 22:13
The post How to watch for Giant Geyser appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]
- Giant Geyser Erupts 28 Sept 2015Posted by Janet on September 28, 2015 at 17:24
The post Giant Geyser Erupts 28 Sept 2015 appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]