Welcome to Geyser WatchAn Online Field Journal - part of YellowstoneNaturalist.com
Watching water go the other way…
as well as many more not-quite-so-exciting thermal features of Yellowstone.
THE LATEST NEWS:
- Yellowstone closed on November 2, 2015 and will open again (weather permitting) for the winter season on Dec 15, 2015.
- Fan and Mortar Geyser It’s been confirmed, Fan and Mortar erupted at 2128 on 26 Oct 2015 – steam cloud seen on the streaming webcam. Previous eruption happened in the evening (at 1859) on 7 Oct 2015.
- Ledge Geyser in Norris Geyser Basin was in a powerful steam phase on the morning of 22 Oct 2015, so had erupted sometime overnight. Go, Ledge!
- Pot o’ Gold on Geyser Hill had a small eruption on 11 Oct 2015 about a foot high for a few seconds. This one hasn’t been reported in eruption in years.
- Giant Geyser has erupted early in the morning on 28 Sept 2015. Learn how to watch for a Giant Geyser Eruption.
- “Improbable” Geyser on Geyser Hill had a major eruption again on 18 August 2015 (if you witness an eruption, take photos and notify rangers) .
If you do witness a rare eruption, I’d also like to hear from you.
News from Yellowstone Naturalist:
- How to watch for Giant GeyserPosted by Janet on October 1, 2015 at 22:13
The post How to watch for Giant Geyser appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]
- Giant Geyser Erupts 28 Sept 2015Posted by Janet on September 28, 2015 at 17:24
The post Giant Geyser Erupts 28 Sept 2015 appeared first on Yellowstone Naturalist. […]